Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Where have I been?

Alas, if there is anyone who actually reads this that is not a regular reader of my "rest of the life blog" JimVentions, I must sadly report that a good friend of mine was murdered 6 days ago, and today we laid him to rest.

As a result, blogging about language has been far from my mind... but I will likely be updating again in a few days, because I have been doing work - I need to do things to keep my mind busy in these sad days.

So that's the update - sorry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jim-

Your entry about Mark was forwarded to my by a friend (no idea how he came across it). I live on 34th and Elliot, just a few blocks from where Mark was found. What a horrible, awful thing to have happen. I am very sorry for your loss. My family and I plan on attenging the memorial tonight.

While reading your entry about Mark, I noticed that you are a language fanatic. I also like language (fluent English, some German and Spanish...) and fostering a second language for my kids is a primary value of mine as a parent.

I don't know if you have kids, but i though I would let you know that our kids attend a fabulous daycare called New Forestal. It is in the East Phillips neighborhood and is run by two sisters from Mexico. Although their English is great, they only talk to the kids in Spanish. It is a pretty cool experience, especially since so many of the kids come from homes where one parent is a born-here American and the other is an immigrant.

Just thought you might want to know about it.

Again, so sorry about Mark.

Sara Bergen

sarabergen@hotmail.com